Photograph of Unidentified Woman by C. Arthur, Photographer, St. Catharines [n.d.]
- Mystery Question
- Who is the woman in this photograph?[Please answer by clicking on the Comments tab]
- C. Arthur, Photographer
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Cabinet photographs
- An unidentified young woman is featured in this undated black and white studio photograph by C. Arthur, Photographer, of St. Catharines, Ontario. This small cabinet card photograph was in the possession of the Iris Sloman Bell family of St. Catharines. Relatives of the Sloman - Bell families include former African American slaves who settled in Canada.
- Two photographers by the name of Arthur are listed as working in St. Catharines, Ontario in the second half of the 19th century. Charles A. Arthur was a photographer from 1880 - 1883, while Charles P. Arthur (possibly a son?) is listed as a photographer in 1898.
Source: Phillips, Glen C. The Ontario photographers list (1851-1900). Sarnia: Iron Gate Publishing Co., 1990.
- Place of Publication
- St. Catharines, Ontario
- Personal Name(s)
- C. Arthur, Charles A. Arthur, Charles P. Arthur
- Rick Bell Family Fonds - RG 63
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.16681 Longitude: -79.24958
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Brock University Archives, Rick Bell Family Fonds RG 63, Brock University, St. Catharines Ontario.
- Current copyright applies. In some instances, researchers must obtain the written permission of the holder(s) of copyright and the Brock University Archives before publishing quotations from materials in the collection. Most papers may be copied in accordance with the Library's usual procedures unless otherwise specified.
- Brock University ArchivesEmail
Agency street/mail address
James A. Gibson Library,
500 Glenridge Avenue,
St. Catharines, Ontario L2S 3A1
Telephone: 905-688-5550 x3264