Bell Family Bible, Deaths, Tyrrell, 1886-1908
- Mystery Question
- Where are Jane Tyrrell, William C. Tyrrell and Lewis Tyrrell buried?[Please answer by clicking on the Comments tab]
- Media Type
- Item Type
- The Deaths page from the Bell Family Bible listing the deaths of Jane Tyrrell in 1886, William C. Tyrrell in 1898, and Lewis Tyrrell in 1908. This Bible was in the possession of the Rick Bell family of St. Catharines, Ontario. Relatives of the Bell family were former Black slaves from the United States who settled in Canada.
- The handwritten entry appears to read as follows:
"Jane Tyrrell, died March 1st 1886 age 64 yrs.
William C. Tyrrell died January 15th 1898 by accident in Albany N.Y. age 33 yrs 3 months
Lewis Tyrrell died September 25th 1908 at his late residence Vine & Welland Ave. St. Catharines age 81 yrs 5 months."
There are various spellings of the Tyrrell name within the Bell family archive. Other forms of the name include Tyrell, Tyrrill, and Terrell.
- Place of Publication
- St. Catharines, Ontario
- Personal Name(s)
- Jane Tyrrell, William C. Tyrrell, Lewis Tyrrell
- Rick Bell Family Fonds - RG 63
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.16681 Longitude: -79.24958
- Copyright Statement
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Brock University Archives, Rick Bell Family Fonds RG 63, Brock University, St. Catharines Ontario.
- Current copyright applies. In some instances, researchers must obtain the written permission of the holder(s) of copyright and the Brock University Archives before publishing quotations from materials in the collection. Most papers may be copied in accordance with the Library's usual procedures unless otherwise specified.
- Brock University ArchivesEmail
Agency street/mail address
James A. Gibson Library,
500 Glenridge Avenue,
St. Catharines, Ontario L2S 3A1
Telephone: 905-688-5550 x3264