Second Welland Canal - Book 3, Survey Map 10 - Canal along Chippewa Creek in Thorold
- Mystery Question:
Who was the owner of the house west of the canal near the Road to Wellandville?
[Please answer by clicking on the Comments tab]
- Welland Canal Company
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- Survey map of the Second Welland Canal created by the Welland Canal Company showing the canal in the Thorold Township between Port Robinson and Welland. Identified structures and features associated with the Canal include the towing path, a ditch, foot of the slope of bank, and the waterway itself.
The surveyors' measurements and notes can be seen in red and black ink and pencil.
Local area landmarks are also identified and include roads (ex. Road to Wellandville), a bridge, a marsh, Spoil Bank, and a fence running along the canal.
Properties and property owners of note are: Lot 238, Broken Lot 238, and J. Burger.
- Welland Canal Company
- Date of Original:
Width: 100 cm
Height: 45 cm
- Image Dimensions:
Image Width: 85cm
Image Height: 45cm
- Map Scale:
- Local identifier:
- St. Lawrence Seaway Authority (Canada) Fonds
- Geographic Coverage:
- Copyright Statement:
- Protected by copyright: Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). Responsibility for obtaining permissions and for any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Copyright Holder:
- © St. Lawrence Seaway Authority (Canada).
© Transport Canada.
- Copyright Holder Contact Information:
- Copyright Bureau, Services Branch
Library and Archives Canada
395 Wellington Street, Ottawa K1A 0N4
Tel.: 613-996-7502 / Fax: 613-996-1341
- Recommended Citation:
- Brock University Archives, St. Lawrence Seaway Authority (Canada) Fonds, Book 3, Second Welland Canal Survey Map 10, c.1855.
- This record is Crown copyrighted. Permission to reproduce this record must be granted by Library and Archives Canada.
- Reproduction Notes:
- © St. Lawrence Seaway Authority (Canada). Reproduced with the permission of the Minister of Public Works and Government Services Canada (2006).
Source: Library and Archives Canada/St. Lawrence Seaway Authority fonds/R1195-0-X-E/Accession 73-27727 CA
© Transport Canada. Reproduced with the permission of the Minister of Public Works and Government Services Canada (2006).
Source: Library and Archives Canada/Department of Railways and Canals fonds/R610-154-8-E/Accession 9017 CA
Brock University Archives
Agency street/mail address
James A. Gibson Library,
500 Glenridge Avenue,
St. Catharines, Ontario L2S 3A1
Telephone: 905-688-5550 x3264