Bill Rice's History of Battle Point Association, Blind River, Circa 1974
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Bill Rice recalls in this two page interview how Professor Barnes chose Lake Duborne for the Wesleyan group and the purchase of 80 acres for $300 in 1925. He also shares that 70 more acres were purchased in 1934 and 11 more in 1938.
- Mr.Rice relays that Association meetings were first held at Counsel Rock near the point and later at the Community House built in 1949.
- Date of Original
- Circa 1974
- Local identifier
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 46.24396 Longitude: -82.94927
- Copyright Statement
- Protected by copyright: Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). Responsibility for obtaining permissions and for any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Blind River Public LibraryEmail
Agency street/mail address
8 Woodward Avenue
P.O. Box 880
Blind River, ON P0R 1B0