- Spode, Manufacturer
- Media Type
- This China plate is from an estimated time period of ca. 1790-1820. It was produced by Spode and may have been used in the St. Catharines area.
The ceramic plate is 6 inches round. The background colour of the plate is an off-white, cream colour.
Around the outer edge of the plate is a brown floral pattern with various sizes and shapes of flowers and leaves connected by a thin vine. Around the outer edge of the shallow depression, in the center of the plate, is a simple linear design that curves and comes to a point each time a line meets, with a small design at each point.
In the center is a Chinese design with mountains, houses and water with a boat in the background. In the foreground is a house and garden with an adult and child and birds to the right. Another adult and child are bending down with a cat to the left and a man standing behind them.
- The plate was donated from Cla-Saun Antiques on Queenston Street, St. Catharines. At the time of the donation the plate was recorded as a Spode plate circa 1790-1820.
- Date of Original
- circa 1790-1820
Width: 15.2 cm
Height: 1.7 cm
Length: 15.2 cm
- Local identifier
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.1554809112919 Longitude: -79.1942596435547
- Recommended Citation
- Image courtesy of the St. Catharines Museum
- Please contact the St. Catharines Museum for any reproductions of this image
- St. Catharines MuseumEmail
Agency street/mail address1932 Welland Canals Parkway P.O. Box 3012 St. Catharines, ON L2R 7C2