This item is a part of the 1812 History digitization project. This project was made possible with the support of the Department of Canadian Heritage through the Canadian Culture Online Strategy.
- Media Type
- This type of cannon ball was used during the War of 1812.
This round, black ball of iron has a pitted surface and is 14 1/2 inches in circumference and 5 inches in diameter. There is a 4 mm wide and a 10.5 cm long gouge in the surface of the cannonball. This type of cannon ball is considered an "18 pounder".
We were unable to be determin what type of artillery it would have been used with.
- Date of Original
- 18th century-19th century
Width: 12.8 cm
- Local identifier
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.1548547729511 Longitude: -79.1946029663086
- Recommended Citation
- Image courtesy of the St. Catharines Museum
- Please contact the St. Catharines Museum for any reproductions of this image
- St. Catharines MuseumEmail
Agency street/mail address1932 Welland Canals Parkway P.O. Box 3012 St. Catharines, ON L2R 7C2