Print of Mississauga Point Lighthouse and Fort Niagara
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- This print depicts the lighthouse at Mississauga Point and Fort Niagara in the distance. The lighthouse, the first on the Great Lakes, was dismantled in 1814 in order to build Fort Mississauga. Some of the stone from the lighthouse was also used in the creation of the Fort.
- Local identifier:
- Geographic Coverage:
- Copyright Statement:
- Protected by copyright: Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). Responsibility for obtaining permissions and for any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation:
- Image courtesy of the Niagara Historical Society & Museum
- Please contact the Niagara Historical Society & Museum for any reproductions of this image.
Niagara Historical Society Museum
Agency street/mail address
43 Castlereagh Street
P.O. Box 208