65th (2nd Yorkshire, North Riding) Regiment of Foot Button
This item is a part of the 1812 History digitization project. This project was made possible with the support of the Department of Canadian Heritage through the Canadian Culture Online Strategy.
- Media Type
- This button was initially identified as belonging to the 65th Regiment of Foot is believed to be from the War of 1812 period.
- One researcher has changed our initiate identification to that of the 85th (Bucks Volunteers) Light Infantry. The numerals in the center are encircled by a belt, on which is written "BUCKS", which you can make out the U in the picture.
The 85th were in the Penninsular War until 1814 and then in North America participated in the battle of Bladensburg, Burning of Washington, Battle of North Point, and Battle of New Orleans.
- Local identifier
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.00012 Longitude: -79.24958
- Recommended Citation
- Image courtesy of the Niagara Falls History Museum
- Please contact the Niagara Falls History Museum for any reproductions of this image.
- Niagara Falls History MuseumEmail