British Light Infantry Belt Buckle
This item is a part of the 1812 History digitization project. This project was made possible with the support of the Department of Canadian Heritage through the Canadian Culture Online Strategy.
- Media Type
- This is a brass belt buckle that was found in the town of Niagara. It is believed to have belonged to a member of the British light infantry or regular troops because of the lion’s head decoration. Further research in 2010 suggests it may be a whistle hook.
- Local identifier
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.25012 Longitude: -79.06627
- Recommended Citation
- Image courtesy of the Niagara Historical Society & Museum
- Please contact the Niagara Historical Society & Museum for any reproductions of this image.
- Niagara Historical Society MuseumEmail
Agency street/mail address
43 Castlereagh Street
P.O. Box 208