Letter to Mr. Cummings, a general merchant in Chippawa during the War of 1812, Explaining a Theft of Various Supplies- 1813
This item is a part of the 1812 History digitization project. This project was made possible with the support of the Department of Canadian Heritage through the Canadian Culture Online Strategy.
- Mr. Cummings, Recipient
- Media Type
- Item Type
- This is a letter written to Mr. Cummings (probably Thomas), who was a general merchant in Chippawa during the War of 1812. It explains the theft of various supplies and the names of those involved. The letter is dated in Stamford on June 1st, 1813.
- Date of Original
- 1 June 1813
- Local identifier
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.25012 Longitude: -79.06627
- Copyright Statement
- Protected by copyright: Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). Responsibility for obtaining permissions and for any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Image courtesy of the Niagara Historical Society & Museum
- Please contact the Niagara Historical Society & Museum for any reproductions of this image.
- Niagara Historical Society MuseumEmail
Agency street/mail address
43 Castlereagh Street
P.O. Box 208