Deed of Land Transcript- To Christian Kniseley from King George III, 1818
This item is a part of the 1812 History digitization project. This project was made possible with the support of the Department of Canadian Heritage through the Canadian Culture Online Strategy.
- Media Type
- Item Type
- A six page photocopy of a transcript of a Deed granting 25 acres of land in the Township of Humberstone, County of Lincoln, District of Niagara, to Christian Kniseley from King George III, on September 29, 1818. The lot is described as "part of the near of Northern half of Lot Number Twenty-nine in the Third section of the said Township of Humberstone." There is a more detailed description of the lot on the first page. The second is a typed form with "Christian Kniseley" written in where indicated and notes the lands to be allotted to the maintenance of the Protestant Clergy. Page 3 containts the signatures of the Auditor General on Oct. 29, 1818. Page 4 has a recording of the back of the original document, noting it was registered the 30th Oct. 1818 and how it was folded. Page 5 has a drawing of the wax seal. Page 6 is a copy of the Tremaine Map of 1862, showing Lot 29.
- Date of Original
- Local identifier
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 42.90012 Longitude: -79.23288
- Copyright Statement
- Protected by copyright: Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). Responsibility for obtaining permissions and for any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Image courtesy of the Port Colborne Historical & Marine Museum
- Please contact the PORT COLBORNE HISTORICAL AND MARINE MUSEUM for any reproductions of photographs within the website.
- Port Colborne Historical and Marine MuseumEmail