- Edward Mahon, Author
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- This letter regards the guardianship of the children of the Late Captain M. (Martin) McClellan who died during the Battle of Fort George in the War of 1812. McClellan was in the Lincoln Militia and perished during the American invasion of town.
The letter is dated 31 October 1825 and provides the guardianship of the children to Mr. John Thompson, twelve years after the death of Captain McClellan (McClelland). This allows the pension of Captain McClellan's heirs to be released. The letter states that the pension is to go to the children of Captain McClellan.
- BROWN HANDWRITTEN INK ON CREAM PAPER 23 X 18 CM GOOD CONDITION, CREASING, HOLE
- Place of Publication:
- Date of Original:
- Date Of Event:
- Local identifier:
- Niagara Historical Society & Museum
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation:
- Courtesy of the Niagara Historical Society & Museum
- Use of this image must be with permission from the Niagara Historical Society & Museum
Niagara Historical Society Museum
Agency street/mail address
43 Castlereagh Street
P.O. Box 208