Legal Record of J.W. Crooks, Surveyor, to John Crisler, Pathmaster
This item is a part of the 1812 History digitization project. This project was made possible with the support of the Department of Canadian Heritage through the Canadian Culture Online Strategy.
- J.W. Crooks, Correspondent
- John Chrisler, Recipient
- Media Type
- Item Type
- Copy of a letter written by J.W. Crooks in May 1816 dicussing the creation of a road, as requested by freeholders residing in Four Mile Creek, from below the hill of the late Joseph Clements, in a direct line to a beach tree at Four Mile Creek, below the barn of Mr. James Clement. Crooks was requesting that John Chrisler (Chrysler - ed), pathmaster, begin work on the proposed road without delay.
- Date of Original
- 16 May 1816
- Local identifier
- Language of Item
- Geographic Coverage
Latitude: 43.25012 Longitude: -79.06627
- Copyright Statement
- Protected by copyright: Uses other than research or private study require the permission of the rightsholder(s). Responsibility for obtaining permissions and for any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Recommended Citation
- Image courtesy of the Niagara Historical Society & Museum
- Please contact the Niagara Historical Society & Museum for any reproductions of this image.
- Reproduction Notes
- Please note that when using transcribed material, the Niagara Historical Society & Museum does not ensure 100% accuracy. If you find a mistake or would like to view the original please contact the Niagara Historical Society & Museum.
- Niagara Historical Society MuseumEmail
Agency street/mail address
43 Castlereagh Street
P.O. Box 208