The Battle of Fort George
- Cruikshank, Ernest. Capt. 44th Battalion
- Media Type:
- Item Type:
- This pamphlet, through the use of primary research, provides a comprehensive description of the Battle of Fort George in May 1813. It begins with a complete description of the town of Niagara, and the areas surrounding during this time period, and continues with a fairly detailed depiction of the events leading to and including the Battle of Fort George. The text includes information on General Isaac Brock, Lieut.-Col. Winfield Scott and General Van Rensselaer.
This is one of forty-four Niagara Historical Society publications, created between the years 1896 and 1939. The collection, written by a variety of local historians for the benefit of the community, with an array of subject matter, reveals Niagara-on-the-Lake’s unique history.
- Pickwell Bros., Book and Job Printers
- Place of Publication:
- Date of Original:
- Date Of Event:
- Local identifier:
- NHS #1
- Language of Item:
- Geographic Coverage:
- Copyright Statement:
- Copyright status unknown. Responsibility for determining the copyright status and any use rests exclusively with the user.
- Please contact the Niagara Historical Society & Museum for any reproductions of photographs within the publication.
- Reproduction Notes:
- Please note that the publications provided are typed copies. To ensure accuracy, contact the Niagara Historical Society & Museum for the original.
Niagara Historical Society Museum
Agency street/mail address
43 Castlereagh Street
P.O. Box 208